RightFax integrates with Ricoh Multifunction printers (MFPs) to consolidate all faxing services on the network, giving users convenient access to faxing on the same MFP used for printing, scanning and copying. Together they provide a powerful combination for streamlining the development, duplication and delivery of business information. RightFax can integrate with Ricoh Multifunction Devices (MFDs) in a variety of ways, accommodating the diverse nature of your existing Ricoh infrastructure offering numerous benefits.
Other devices (listed below) use Ricoh's updated SmartSDK WebBrowserNX toolkit, which requires a different RightFax connector version, albeit with the same essential functionality. The following devices must have SmartOP Panel Gen1 or Gen2, and will work only with RightFax 16 EP 2, SR 1 or later.
We strive to keep these lists current, but please contact us to confirm regarding your specific device(s) and desired workflow.
RightFax Integration with Ricoh MFPsRightFax can integrate with Ricoh MFPs in many different fashions. RightFax manufacturer, OpenText, developed a native integration with Ricoh MFP devices. The RightFax Connector for Ricoh augments the MFP fleet with many of the features of the digital fax solution, including:
- Ability to scan paper documents and send via fax
- Variety of delivery options
- Shared Phonebook
- Card reader authentication
- Receive delivery notifications
RightFax-Ricoh MFP Integration BenefitsRightFax-Ricoh MFP integration provides fax enablement of an organization's existing infrastructure. Integration of Ricoh devices with RightFax provides many added functionalities that provide numerous benefits, such as:
- Reduced Costs - Replace stand-alone fax machines and eliminate the related cost of support contracts, phone lines and supplied. Additionally, consolidated network faxing reduces the modem and phone-line costs associated with stand-alone workstation faxing.
- Increased Productivity and Efficiency - Allow users to fax from the same device used to print, scan, and copy, saving time and improving workflow processes.
- Centralized Control of Faxing - Provide one point of control for network faxing of hard-copy and electronic documents by moving all fax resources to the network.
- Simplified Fax Software Administration - Install and manage RightFax with easy-to-use administrative tools designed to automate routine tasks, troubleshoot problems and monitor and report fax activity.
- Improved Security - Ensure privacy and compliance by providing secure document delivery channels.
- Scalability - Start with a single-channel digital fax solution and expand to as many as 1,024 channels. Additional capacity can be added to handle email, CRM, ERP and other business applications.
Ricoh MFPs Supported by RightFaxOpenText provides a native RightFax Connector for Ricoh MFPs as well as a universal RightFax SMTP Connector. Both integration methods leverage existing Ricoh devices for fax enablement, with the RightFax Connector for Ricoh MFPs providing additional functionalities. The RightFax Connector for Ricoh MFPs integrates with devices using Ricoh Embedded Software Architecture (ESA). All other Ricoh MFP devices integrate via the RightFax SMTP Connector, granting all Ricoh MFP models with the ability to leverage RightFax's best of breed technology to improve an organization's processes and cut costs. The native Ricoh connector comes in two flavors. The older option uses Ricoh's SDK/J framework and works with the following models (for RightFax 10.6 and later):