The vast majority of hospitals still print some or all of their prescriptions, which makes the potential benefits of fax server integration clear. But did you know that electronic Rx faxing and data capture still help hospitals that have fully digitized prescription orders? Whether through an EMR module or standalone application (such as Surescripts or Allscripts-NEPSI software), electronic prescriptions are gaining ground due to a combination of efficiency, patient safety, and regulatory changes. The workflow improvements are often substantial, as paper is largely removed from the prescription ordering workflow.
E-Prescribe Fax & OCR IntegrationHowever, when certain prescriptions still need to be transmitted in hard copy, users tend to find themselves back at the fax machine, consuming costly paper and toner while wasting time better spent helping patients. Fortunately, for any Rx application or module capable of printing, the solution is as simple as a cost-effective fax server or hosted fax service.
- Maintain all legal and workflow benefits of fax without the costs of consumables, extra devices, and dedicated phone lines
- Improve compliance with an automatic audit trail for every single fax
- Implement strict and HIPAA-compliant document security while eliminating the risk of loose papers
- Simplify customer service and cut costs by integrating tools like DocuTrack with an enterprise-grade fax platform
- Cut processing time typically by 50-75% per document, and often more
- Implement any accuracy threshold and human review processes your organization requires
- Feed digital, human-validated data automatically into any application